|Black Pepper||0.25 tsp.|
|Crumbled Feta Cheese||2.0 tbsp.|
|Diced Tomatoes||6.0 cups|
|Finely Diced Peeled Cucumber||0.5 C|
|Garlic Powder||1.0 tsp.|
|JTM Seasoned Beef Steak||1.0 lb.|
|Olive or Canola Oil||2.0 tbsp.|
|Oregano, Dried Leaves||2.0 tsp.|
|Parsley (Diced)||4.0 tsp.|
|Plain Yogurt||1.0 pt.|
|Rich'sŪ 6''x6'' WG Flatbread||8 each|
|Sliced Onions||1.0 C|
Prep Time: 20 min. Yields: 8
1) Flatbread product is delivered frozen. Store prduct at 0*F to -10*F.
2) Day prior to serve, remove bagged flatbreads and place in a cooler.
3) On the day of service place the bags of flatbread on a lined sheet pan and warm at 200*F for 5-8 minutes, then place in a warming cabinet to hold at 140*F until ready to make sandwiches.
4) To prepare Souvlaki salad, combine:
6.0 cups diced tomatoes
1.0 cup sliced onion
2.0 tsp. oregano, dried leaves
4.0 tsp. parsely, dried
1/4 tsp. black pepper
2.0 tbsp. olive or canola oil
5) Chill salad at least 1 hour at 40*F
6) The day before serving thaw in a cooler
7) On the day of service, heat thawed beef steak at 350*F on lined sheet pans until it reaches 165*F then hold at 140*F in covered pans.
8) To prepare the Tzatziki sauce, whisk together:
1.0 pt. plain yogurt
1/2 cup finely diced peeled cucumber
1.0 tsp. garlic powder
2.0 tbsp. crumbled feta cheese
9) To build a sandwich, place a warmed flatbread on an oval serving plate and top with 2.0 oz. warm (140*F) beef steak.
10) Top the beef steak with 3/4 cup of the chilled Souvlaki salad
11) Top sandwich with 1.0 oz. (#30 scoop) of chilled Tzatziki sauce
Each flatbread provides: 2.0 oz. Grain Equivalent, 2.0 oz. M/MA, and 3/4 cup R/O vegetable
Nutritional information is based on calculations from various databases. The information is believed to be accurate, but does not constitute a guarantee.