|Bavarian Pretzel Stick||6 each|
|Caramel Glaze||24 oz|
|Cinnamon Apples||2.5 lbs.|
|Eggs (large - whole beaten)||16 ea|
|Granulated Sugar||2 C|
|Half & Half||16 oz|
|Heavy Cream||8 oz|
|Powdered Sugar||1 C|
|Vanilla Extract||1 T|
Prep Time: 60 min. Yields: 24
1. Dice pretzel sticks in 1" cubes and place in a 4" - 1/2 pan
2. Combine the eggs, half and half, sugar, cinnamon and 1/2 of the bourbon and blend well.
3. Pour the custard over the pretzel cubes and soak for 1 hr under refrigeration.
4. Heat JTM Cinnamon Apples to 145*F (approx 25-30 min) in steamer or water bath.
1. Combine the heavy cream, powdered sugar, vanilla and remaining bourbon (4oz.) and whip until cream has thickened to a stiff peak. (approx. 3-5 min.)
Reserve under refrigeration until ready to serve.
1. Add 2.5 lbs of cinnamon apples to custard mixture and blend well.
2. Cover bread pudding pan with parchment and aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes or until custard sets.
Serve bread pudding either warm or cold topped with a drizzle of caramel sauce and a heaping tablespoon of whipped cream.
Alternate method of service:
Serve bread pudding topped with a drizzle of caramel sauce and a scoop of your favorite ice cream.